Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Observation.

a ledge outside the 'a building'
elevated pillars give the illusion of a castle, but no
a campus in nyc
where streets go through my campus
groups of kids congregate, socialize, gossip, laugh
the air smells crisp
very cold
32 people outside walking - maybe more
the sun is setting, gloomy
the cute guy, probably in his mid-30s giving me the half smile while walking towards 7th ave
my butt is cold on this concrete
a brief scent of cigarette smoke
an older man with sunglasses on his cell phone sitting on campus
the cute little girl jumping on the black statue in front of the 'a building'
a couple laughing and talking a bout randomness, all layered up
probably warm
how good my plain bagel is with peanut butter
this girl in a fabulous 3/4 length coat greeting a friend on the bench
hugging and kissing twice on the cheek
the elderly woman walking two cute puppies each with their own uniue pep i their step
gust of wind giving my spine goosebumps
looking up at the high rises across the street - wondering how that terrace on the 15th floor is someones backyard or secret garden
britney's 'toy soldier' is on repeat in my head

No comments: