Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The League of Mac and Cheese and AMC.

I'm pretty sure it's been forever that I've written my thoughts out in a silly facebook note. Nevertheless, it's always fun just to write it out even though I personally enjoy making art as my outlet to any emotion or thought that sparks inside of me. I'm sitting on my oversized couch, drowning in this sea of comforters and pillows with all my pop art books around to help the thought process for my second painting. Lately it's been Lichtenstein and Mimo Rotella that's been a major influence but Wolf Vostell has also contributed to my current ideas.

As I'm sitting here eating this mac and cheese that just sounded so good for dinner tonight, I can't help but have Terminator 2 on in the background which was a favorite movie of my family's when I was much younger. All those action movies like The Fugitive, Double Jeopardy, Die Hard, etc...Speed. I had the biggest crush on keanu, still do I suppose.

Can I just say how excited I am that the sun peeked out today; I love winter don't get me wrong but having 3 consecutive snow storms was not okay. Too much slush, ice, mud, mountains of snow from the plows that are higher than me ugh. I'm ready for spring. Sunglasses, cut off t-shirts, starbucks' ice coffee. I'm ready for summer better yet.

Well I hope that everyone at FIT is enjoying their semester so far, it's basically safe to say that we can see how the general flow of our schedules will be like which is great because I'm sure there are others like myself that are trying to reconnect with old friends and regain any form of a "social-life" that we've all managed to lose while finishing our BAs. Let's hope that the snow is almost done so we can have lunch at Shake Shake and go to pieces for Sunday's happy hour after sun-tanning at Pier 54.

That's at the top of my priorities for spring/summer! Yes please!

No comments: