Thursday, February 7, 2008

Stories Pt. II

UGH.

One thing I hate, is being sick. Sure I can take the medicine, get plenty of rest and just relax, but it's so hard to do that when my semester is already 'in too deep'. I love it though. I feel productive and I like that I'm busy. Almost enjoying it too much. My classes are great, my professors are amazing and I'm actually thinking choosing a different block than everyone else was a smart decision. I love meeting new people, we all know this, so it's great to be surrounded by different personalities.

But I just have something to kinda confess? So I forgot that it's Ash Wednesday and it reminded me of this time last year I was totally clueless of what it was. Raised Christian, I've never seen the 'marked forehead' so when I saw one person with it, I thought I should tell them that something must've fallen from a scaffolding or something but as I was walking the streets of New York, I noticed that a lot of people has this mark. Growing up primarily in L.A. and Dallas, I never saw this act of religion so I thought it was something from Exorcism of Emily Rose and it sorta freaked me out. Shows how much I know right?? Anyway, I am now "well-rounded" with my knowledge, but still it just reminded me of that. I found out that other people wanted to tell people they had marks on their face today as well, so I didn't feel so bad about my history with Ash Wednesday.

Anyways, I'm a little sleepy and I am procrastinating my poetry homework...how is everyone, now that the semester has 'officially kicked in'??



Mmmm calm and green ginger tea....

No comments: