Thursday, December 13, 2007

Do I have words to describe how I feel?

So it's been a wild semester.

The good news, is that I've only wanted to throw up the white flag maybe once...okay twice. My color theory homework was a drag, so many "mini-assignments" that take forever...2 oil paintings 20x30 turned in by today, 3D sculptures, 3D cut outs. Lots of sketches and "reviews". 3 finals - 2 down, one more today. And still trying to keep my social life. I've met so many people. So many friends, so many personalities. I've made so many memories and they just don't stop.

I must admit I'm a little homesick. It was very nice to be home over Thanksgiving break, and as much as I loved spending time with my friends, I would've enjoyed spending more time with my Aunt and Uncle and two cousins. My birthday was amazing, and thank you to all that left me those comments, it was nice to sign on the next day with "50-something notifications". Come on, you all enjoy getting them. :) It was just nice to get away from the city. The city has made me evolve into someone I'm sure about. I've lived her for almost 3 years and it's definitely made me a stronger person. I knew all along that I was a city boy. I've always looked at my life like the story mom would read me about the country mouse and the city mouse...I was the city mouse, hands down.

So I saw David the other day and I amost forgot the feelings he gives me. He reminded me that it's almost been 3 months, and I usually am good with dates because you all know I live my life through my planner, but I guess I've been so busy I lost track of time. It almost slipped away, and not that that is a bad thing but it was just weird to think that I forgot something so important. It's good that I've gone through so much just within these 6 months..I've even had to share my "situations" with others to help them and that is such a good feeling. That feeling of accomplishment and the attitude of, "Hey! I'm still here! I'm still alive and life has moved on!" I've also noticed that meeting all these people, girls and boys of all ages, that I'm starting to surround myself with people that really catch my interest. I'm getting aggitated with people who basically wear masks and here at FIT that's pretty common. The truth is that I'm only sinched at the waist with people who have the same interest of drawing or mohawks - Nothing else. At least in my book.

Well all my hard work has paid off because I'm still managing to work part time at starbucks and being a full-time student is no walk in the park. Next semester only gets harder from here. I'm adding a few more courses and I'll be going to school Monday-Friday and still managing to work a full "part-time" schedule. To be honest, I'm pumped. I can't wait to get more advanced and to sharpen my talent in everything fine arts. I put myself in a different block so I could broaden my classmates so I can see other styles, other personalities and other professors. I can't wait, that's all I have to say.

So how do I have words to describe how I feel? Well hopefully I just did.

No comments: