Sunday, December 30, 2007

Here's To Me, Ya'll.

Hm, one thing I forgot that I loved is chocolate-covered raisins. Sitting here in front of me, is a rectangular shaped ceramic dish with handfuls of them. I quickly thought "don't, it's the beginning of the new year" but I threw that out the window considering I have one more day. Wow...so good.

Time literally seems to be moving a lot quicker than I have ever seen it move. It seems like yesterday I was decorating my tree in Washington Heights and planning my 2007 resolution(s) and getting everything ready for school that would start mid-year. With 2008 only a day away, I keep thinking I have all this "time" to do whatever I want, when in reality, I don't have time for anything or to do anything for that matter. But yesterday was nice because even though I was super busy, I got to hang out with people I really enjoy spending time with. It was nice to just relax and swap stories over dinner and plan our next outing and talk about random things. It makes me wonder, if I'm having all this fun now..I wonder what will come in 2008? We were talking about what has 2007 brought us and if we have accomplished anything planned or unexpected and that was a good question. I know there's the obvious, which is we all got into FIT and survived the first semester, but what really have I accomplished in 2007?

Well I'd like to go back and pull through my brain to see what I can find. I was still in a relationship then and even though it was a roller-coaster ride relationship, I had that luxury of calling him "baby" and going on "mini-dates" and taking advantage of as much personal time as possible. Now, being single has made me step outside "the love box" and ask myself what really makes a relationship work? Do you follow your heart? Do you go by the stars and signs or go with what your friends think? Parents? I don't know, but I think that 2007's relationship has made me grateful for what I'm capable of doing. Especially when it involves another human. Another year, another relationship. Wrong. 2008 is all about me and starting over. Learning from my mistakes, growing from my past and just enjoying me. I'm not here to please someone else (chris get your mind out of the gutter! lol) and we all know I've been straddling the fence with fine arts/fashion illustration so this year will be about me and me trying to find out what I really want to do at FIT. Well, where my talent really lies.

But 2007 has also been kind and introduced new friendships and memories that I can't let go unnoticed. I've been an endless bond with girls and boys at FIT which is the best feeling in the world. Friends you can fight with and go out for coffee the next hour with, or girls who I can just curl their hair "just because". I enjoy that feeling of being called up just to know if she should go with "the wedge or the heel". Always the heel...always. Boy talk is something that I've wanted to have for a long time. Coming out of a 3 year relationship with someone and being so young, I missed out on the guy talk that seems to be crucial in my sub-culture. I never had guy friends that we could just talk and "gossip" so-to-speak on their encounter with the cutie on the 2 train. haha. I can step back and cross that off my list of things to accomplish in 2007.

So overall I had a crazy year, but I'm thankful for everything and everyone that has left their fingerprints on my year making me who I am today. 2008 is going to be big and better. I have a surprise for everyone next semester (which is the kickoff for my year that's for sure) and I can't wait to see everyone.

Someone asked me what is my New Year's resolution, and sure I can work out eat a salad, but this year is all about me and me trying something new. Going vegetarian or organic or switching milks or going somewhere where I would never see myself going. Maybe even dating?!? Or try something I would never ever eat or be adventurous and do something scandalous. lol Not sure, but I'm ready for a new style, new friends, new encounters and above all I'm ready to start a new year. ::shakes head::

Here's to me ya'll.

No comments: