Saturday, January 5, 2008

Something Random.

How amazing is Golden Girls.

I know I know, laugh it up but I bet you that if you were to sit down after a long day of work you'll probably get hooked. And no, not because your brain is already dead but because it's a "feel-good" show. It's so outdated and the furniture and music is so tastefully tacky, that's a few of the reasons why I get hooked. How ridiculous Dorothy's clothes are or how they can get away with so many dirty inside jokes when it comes to Blanche. I think it's amazing because they seriously talk about every topic, every issue known to the average guy/girl and I think it's great because anyone (especially in the gay community) could probably relate themselves to Blanche yet alone quote every line she says haha. Well I think I could go on and on with why I love the show but that's not why I'm writing.

I think it's funny how we don't give strangers enough credit for actually being nice. Tonight at dinner this guy was making eye contact with me for the longest time, so when we finally exchanged words we ended up talking about how cold it was and how I was from Dallas and it never gets this cold in TX. He and I talked about what we were eating and how healthier, yet appetizing the food was and that led us to New Year's resolutions. I told him I wanted to go Organic or something similar and that I was tired of being unhealthy. That I guess I jumped in a resolution that all of New York (or anywhere in the U.S.) has mentally said they want to do for 2008. After making a cute, "I don't think you have a problem" (while eating carbs) it was nice to know that I was making small talk with a total stranger yet not having any sign of awkwardness. He told me that his resolution was to write in his journal more. We both joked around about how we hate handwriting in journals and how it's all about computers now and that's true. I've transferred all my journals from my childhood to present to blogger. I've combined everything I have to one journal so I can keep track of my memories. It's nice to have everything organized. Maybe though, I'm so tempted to print everything from 1998 to now because I want to close this chapter of my life. 3-ring this shit and just not worry about it. We'll see. He was just nice and maybe it was just another innocent flirting encounter, but I enjoyed myself talking to someone I didn't know.

I think the shy Mathew is no longer shy shy. I've opened up so much that sometimes I get caught up in forgetting that I once was so introverted, but now I applaud the person I have become.

p.s. who knew that the L Train has all the cuties...who knew

No comments: